Followers

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Here are some expressions you can use to express preferences in English.

Preference



Read


- Who's your favourite singer?
- Do you prefer History or Geography?
Which record do you like best?
Would you rather go to Oxford or to Cambridge?
Would you prefer to go outside or play a game with your cousins here?
What I like best is their splendid mansion.
- He likes the striped tie better.
- I prefer living in town to living in the country.
- I'd prefer to tell her myself.
- I'd rather learn more formal sentences.
- I'd rather they gave me more time so I can do a good job.
- I'd rather they didn't meet so often.
Rather than get old, I'd prefer to die now.
- I'd sooner do it now than next term.
- I must say classical music appeals to me more than pop music.
- He's more interested in sport than in school.
My choice would be a red sportscar.
- I'm sure you'd enjoy football more than tennis.
What I like better than anything else is playing golf.
- This hairstyle fits me better than anything else.
- 9 a.m. would suit me better.

No comments:

Post a Comment