Followers

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Expressing hope and despair

If only we could save them!
If only it stopped snowing!
If only I knew how to start my own business like my cousin.
- It has been a while since we last met. Let’s hope that he will recognize us!
I do hope that one day those beverages will be prohibited!
- She only hopes for a little attention from the others.
- I hope things will work out in the end.
- He hoped his son would outlive him.
Hopefully, it will trigger off a positive answer!
We remain hopeful that the war will soon be over.
What is to be hoped is that she finds the witness.
It would be so nice if these demonstrations stopped!
It would be great if it took place here.
- After my bad first interview for this job, It would be just fine if we got a second interview.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if they stopped polluting the earth?
- He’s been dreaming of living in the United States of America since he was a child.
- I’m looking forward to getting an answer as soon as possible.
- They wish to introduce anti-apartheid groups here too.
- I wish my boyfriend was more self-confident.
- Los Angeles is a wonderful place to visit. I wish I could go with you.
- I wish I could!
- Sometimes I wish that we were together.
- I wish you wouldn’t point out all the mistakes.
- Keep your fingers crossed!
- You never know!
- Never say die!
- I am at my wit’s end!
- I’m done for!
- I’m done here!
- What shall I do now?
- They’ve given up all hope.
- They despair of ever coming to an agreement.
- She’s driving me to despair!
- I guess he is giving up on me!
It’s no good asking for a rise.
- We all know the truth. It’s no use trying to lie.
It’s useless trying to help her.
What’s the point of writing?
There’s no point in asking them.
- I’m at the end of my tether.

http://englishlearningbox.com/speaking/expressing-hope-and-despair/

No comments:

Post a Comment